Drivers for Firewire 410 and Mac OS X El Capitan

Hi there,

It looks like the drivers for the existing drivers for Firewire 410 work for El Capitan, but can't be enabled because they are not cryptographically signed.

It should be a fairly straightforward process to get these drivers signed, and shouldn't require any additional software development.

Could this happen please so we can use our Firewire 410 in OS X El Capitan?

Thank you.
22 people have
this question
+1
This topic is no longer open for comments or replies.
  • Hi Patrick.

Thanks for posting!

The Firewire 410 is a legacy product and will not be updated further for support on OS X 10.11. The last driver available was released in 2012 and only fully supports up to OS 10.7.

We have discussed this issue in depth here on the forum and while I cannot provide a working driver for you, some users have been able to get it to work:

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/...

Keep in mind, the unit may work initially but the mixer/control panel will not function properly and thus features will be limited. For these reasons, M-Audio cannot support this workaround, but you are free to proceed at your own risk.

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

I managed to get the Firewire 410 working on El Capitan (10.11.2)

You have to disable the System Integrity Protection before it is recognised.

You have to restart in Recovery mode ( Hold down "CMD+R" on restart), open up the terminal and then type in "csrutil disable"

Then start up your computer normally.

I was still unable to install the M-Audio drivers, but at least I am able to use the hardware again. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

It is working in Logic Pro X for playback and recording.
    I have no issues with microphone inputs or midi input. All the outputs seem to be working as well.
    I couldn't be happier. :D

I hope this works for you as well.

Here is an article on how to disable the System Integrity Protection, and why you should and shouldn't do it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/?p=230424

All the best.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I’m frustrated
    Hi, thanks for posting, will try now..

Indeed it's a shame from M-audio to bring us in this position.

In time i've payed over 500 dollars for the FW410, really !
    How hard can it be if even a user comes with a workable solution?

Johan
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

Hi Johan,

I hope this work-around is successful for you.

It is a shame that this product is coming close to end of life.

But, it is hard to find any devices that still use FireWire nowadays. Especially FireWire 400.
    I'm not looking forward to the day I upgrade my computer, as I am going to have to rethink my entire rig.

That, or buy a bunch of adapters, or hubs, to get me through.

I don't blame the developers for not supporting it any more. It is just getting a bit long in the tooth.

It is just a pity that such a good piece of kit is becoming outdated.

The SIP is a security measure that Apple has put in to El Capitan.

For most users it won't be an issue, and a great security boost for them.

Unfortunately, we are the small percentage that gets affected.

I hope this work-around is good for you.

All the best.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Shain,

Thanks for the help.

Bur for me it's not working :(
    I had cleaned my Mac and install El captain.
    I said what you have said, but the light of Firewire 410 still flashes and i don't the sound card on the Mac Setting.

Did you install anything else ? or ?

thanks for your response
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

UPDATE:

Hi,

It has been six months since you sent me this question, and I finally have a answer for you.

I just did a nuke and pave on my computer and hit the same issue you did.

After a bit of searching I found someone who had adapted the firewire driver so that it works in El Capitan.

Hopefully this solution will work with the new system coming later in the the year as well.

Here is a link to the page with the solution:

http://maudio.boards.net/thread/4/fir...

I hope you found a solution now, but if anyone else has this issue, here is the solution.

All the best
    Shai.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to do to help.

I did upgrade to El Capitan from Yosemite, so I wonder if there were drivers that came along with it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I hope you get it working.

All the best

Shai
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm