Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

M-Audio Firewire 1814 control panel presets anyone?

Hello! Is there anybody that can send me control panel preset files (.set) ?
I have a problem with M-Audio Firewire 1814 soundcard - no matter how quiet is line input it is clipping when I try to play an instrument over music I'm recording in DAW. It also records audio with some glitches probably because of wrong buffer settings, but I can't change it. I have used this soundcard before I had Yosemite and I am sure it has something to do with output or hardware settings in control panel, but unfortunately it is impossible to get access to these tabs because mac freezes every time I try to do it and I have to force quit. Shame, that there is no firmware updates from M-Audio, so my only solution is to get right preset file from soundcard users. Anyone willing to help, please?
  • Hello Nico,

Thanks for posting!

The control panel is most likely crashing because your interface is not supported on the Mac OSX that you are currently running. It looks like it was last supported on Mac OSX 10.6.8. Anything that would be available for the Firewire 1814 would be packaged with the installer which can be found below. Being that is not officially supported, there is no way that I can guarantee that it will work, or if you will even have access to it.

FireWire OSX 1.10.5
    • Thanks. As I wrote I know that this outdated M-Audio interface is not supported on Mac OSX I am using (Yosemite 10.10.4). I am aware that FireWire OSX 1.10.5 is 10 years old and it won't work properly today. I am dealing with it and this isn't workaround. So my last chance is users, who can send me M-Audio Firewire 1814 control panel preset file, because I can't change settings on "output" and "hardware" preferences. Please, is there anyone that could help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated