Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

ProFire 1814 in Windows 10

I have a ProFire 1814, which used to work well in Windows 10, with the driver to Windows 7 (64bit). Now I have just installed it in a new computer also with Windows 10 and can't make it work anymore. I suspect it can be related to the board NVidia Geforce 1050Ti, which is not only a video board, but also an audio board. But it could simply be some new firewall protection of Windows 10, preventing the driver to configure the firewire access. I really don't know. Does anyone have similar experience? Does anyone know what I must do to make ProFire 1814 work again? Thanks.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hey Jorge,

Thanks for posting!

The FireWire 1814 is a legacy product with limited support. This interface was last supported for use with Windows 7 and does not have a driver for Windows 10. I understand that by chance it was working with your old machine (as OS updates are applied, some elements of the older OS are retained and probably allowed you to keep using it) but this interface is not supported for use with Windows 10.

The last available driver for the FireWire 1814 can be found at the following link:

M-Audio FireWire 1814 Driver (v5.10.0.5058) - Windows

If you are looking into getting an updated interface that is compatible with Windows 10, I would recommend looking at the current M-Audio interfaces:

M-Audio Audio/MIDI Interfaces

Please let me know if you have any questions!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned