Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Profire 2626 on OS x El Capitan - working great

Profire 2626 on OS x El Capitan - working great. Running 2626's Yosemite drivers.
This topic is no longer open for comments or replies.
  • Hi Richard,

I'm currently holding off the El Capitan upgrade because of my fear of breaking the 2626 drivers.

Have you had a chance to stress test the Profire 2626 yet under El Capitan?

Also, I take it you've got it working in your DAW? What you running?

Thanks in advance
    • view 2 more comments
    • Hmm, that's probably the first of the signs you think? I used to have this issue with my old G5 tower and the delta audiophile 1010Lt in ProTools 8MP on OS X 10.5.8 of course that was the last of the upgrades available for pre-intel macs back then, so I never did solve it, and it was random, not predictable, but even then a restart would usually bring stability back. Good luck, and please post back with more updates. I'm downloading 10.11.2 as we speak, but I have all my rollbacks ready if needed.
    • Yes a reboot solves it. at this point we might have to just buy a new i/o box ...lame - and another reason to not keep getting avid products. in our gear junk pile we have an old mbox, digi002, digi midi I/O and now profire2626 that are worthless. never again avid...sorry!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi Richard,

Thanks for testing that out and confirming!

M-Audio will not be updating or supporting the Profire 2626 for El Capitan, but if it works with the older drivers, I'm sure some of our customers who have already updated will find this helpful.

Thanks!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned