Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Profire 2626 stops working until relog/reboot multiple times a day, often crashes with DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

My Profire 2626 sporadically quits outputting sound. Several times a day, in fact. Sometimes with only a few minutes between incidents. The only solution I have found is to reboot or relog.

Also, it occasionally crashes with error DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. More frequently on sleep or resume.

I'm using the "Profire_6_1_1" driver package from M-Audio's website. I chose the option and download link for "Windows 7 64-bit SP1". The M-Audio 2626 software reports hardware Profire 2626 (000002), firmware 1.0.10, driver 5.0.0.5084 1.0.9.1, on Windows Vista 64 SP1.

The 2626 is connected to a PCIe firewire card with a TI chipset.

I have installed all Windows updates and have installed the latest drivers for everything I can think of. I am fairly technically proficient, but diagnosing this is outside my depth, however I would be happy to provide crash dumps, logs, whatever is requested. And if someone has any ideas about how to narrow down the problem further, I'll be happy to do it.

I like the configurability, the sound quality, and the set of inputs and outputs on the Profire 2626, but right now its operation is extremely unreliable, and I'm considering replacing it due to the frustration involved in using it.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hey Jon,

Thanks for posting!

If you are receiving DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes (likely resulting in a BSOD), it sounds like this is relative to your operating system. The crash report will likely reference a driver of some kind and may even mention the ProFire driver itself. When your computer accesses this driver, it may be the catalyst for a low-level software malfunction but the M-Audio hardware is not the direct cause of the BSOD.

I would recommend using this Microsoft article to find a resolution for your system's IRQ conflict:

Microsoft - Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Additionally, the following knowledge base article courtesy of AVID addresses IRQ conflicts and troubleshooting:

AVID Knowledge Base - Pops, clicks, crackles, dropouts, or distortion

I hope this helps you!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• This reply was removed on 2017-10-04.
    see the change log
  • This reply was removed on 2017-10-04.
    see the change log